Burbank Express Ltd. is dedicated to the specialized transportation needs of Manitoban potato producers; hauling from shed to plant, field to shed, shed to shed – 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
We are seeking two Class 1A Truck Drivers to join our supportive, knowledgeable and exciting team!
Driving with Burbank means:
- Working for a company that truly believes in its people and their skills
- Being assigned one of our modern, clean truck and trailer units from our constantly refreshed fleet
- Up-to-date truck technology and excellent communication systems between drivers, dispatch, maintenance, etc.
- Being able to be home daily at the end of your shift (local hauls)
- Enjoying the convenience of our on site wash-bay, fueling station and state of the art mechanical maintenance facilities
- Receiving a safety boot and cell phone plan allowance, as well as other PPE supplied to you
- Flexible wages and earning potential that grows as you develop as a driver
- Generous benefit package including dental, vision, prescriptions, ambulance, etc. (90 day eligibility period)
Required Skills / Experience:
- Class 1A Driver’s License & Driver’s Abstract
- Positive attitude and punctuality
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of truck and trailer units, Pre-Trip Inspections, safe driving habits
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Experience driving truck and trailer units is desired, but we will also provide the right candidates with further training
- Experience with electronic log systems, industry driving rules
- Experience with time tracking, bills of lading, scale tickets and general paperwork
Conditions of Employment:
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class1A license and provide annual Driver’s Abstract
- Must be able to work a varied schedule that may include extended hours, weekend rotations, and is typically affected by change
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the job including sitting/standing for long periods, climbing in and out of trucks, operating trailer doors, lift/push/pull/carry ~50 lbs etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must comply with all federal, provincial and local legislation including our own in-house safety program
If you have any questions about Burbank Express Ltd. or this position, please call Charlene Boak, HR Administrator at 1-204-362-6447.
We thank all those who apply, however, only the individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.