Interested in a rewarding career in the transportation industry?
Browse our job listings! Burbank can offer you job security, competitive salaries, benefits, and pension plans.
How to apply:
You may apply by coming into our office or by applying online.
Available Career Opportunities:
Local Class 1A Drivers
- Working for a company that truly believes in its people and their skills
- Being assigned one of our modern, clean truck and trailer units from our constantly refreshed fleet
- Up-to-date truck technology and excellent communication systems between drivers, dispatch, maintenance, etc.
- Being able to be home daily at the end of your shift (local hauls)
- Enjoying the convenience of our on site wash-bay, fueling station and state of the art mechanical maintenance facilities
- Receiving a safety boot and cell phone plan allowance, as well as other PPE supplied to you
- Flexible wages and earning potential that grows as you develop as a driver
- Generous benefit package including dental, vision, prescriptions, ambulance, etc. (90 day eligibility period)
- Class 1A Driver's License & Driver's Abstract
- Positive attitude and punctuality
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of truck and trailer units, Pre-Trip Inspections, safe driving habits
- Experience driving truck and trailer units is desired, but we will also provide the right candidates with further training
- Experience with electronic log systems, industry driving rules
- Experience with time tracking, bills of lading, scale tickets and general paperwork
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class1A license and provide annual Driver's Abstract
- Must be able to work a varied schedule that may include extended hours, weekend rotations, and is typically affected by change
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the job including sitting/standing for long periods, climbing in and out of trucks, operating trailer doors, lift/push/pull/carry ~50 lbs etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must comply with all federal, provincial and local legislation including our own in-house safety program
- Hold or be eligible to obtain a MPI Vehicle Inspection License # for trucks and trailers over 4500 kg
- Minimum Class 5 Drivers License with reliable transportation to and from work
- Be willing for occasional after hour call-in, O/T, rotating weekend call
- Conduct work safely and efficiently as per our safety program
- Self motivated with a friendly attitude
- Be willing to work on our specialized live bottom potato trailers
- Able to follow and complete work orders including parts recording
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the job (climbing, bending, lifting, on feet all day)
- Supply own basic tools and toolbox as well as steel toed CSA boots
- Have 5+ years experience in the trade
- Have computer diagnostic software experience (Insite, Service Ranger, Davie4, Bendix etc.)
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications
- Above average Comprehensive Group Benefits with Pension after successful completion of probation period including health, dental, vision, short/long term disability, pension, etc.
- Clean, safe work environment in our new state-of-the-art shop
- Uniforms / coveralls