Burbank Express (2009) Ltd. is dedicated to the specialized transportation needs of Manitoban potato producers; hauling from shed to plant, field to shed, shed to shed – 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
We are a certified RPM Trucking Industry Safety Company.
We are seeking a Licensed Truck Transport / Trailer Mechanic to join our team full time. This position will work alongside other Mechanics and report to the Shop Foreman in our new state-of-the-art facility.
- Hold or be eligible to obtain a MPI Vehicle Inspection License # for trucks and trailers over 4500 kg
- Minimum Class 5 Drivers License with reliable transportation to and from work
- Be willing for occasional after hour call-in, O/T, rotating weekend call
- Conduct work safely and efficiently as per our safety program
- Self motivated with a friendly attitude
- Be willing to work on our specialized live bottom potato trailers
- Able to follow and complete work orders including parts recording
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the job (climbing, bending, lifting, on feet all day)
- Supply own basic tools and toolbox as well as steel toed CSA boots
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years experience in the trade
- Have computer diagnostic software experience (Insite, Service Ranger, Davie4, Bendix etc.)
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications
- Above average Comprehensive Group Benefits with Pension after successful completion of probation period including health, dental, vision, short/long term disability, pension, etc.
- Clean, safe work environment in our new state-of-the-art shop
- Uniforms / coveralls
Questions about the position? Please call Alex at 204-856-7585.
We thank you for applying, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.